Sunday, September 28, 2008

About Mary

09/27/08

My wife, Mary, hasn’t fallen off the face of the map. She is just on the other side of the globe. What I picture her life to be is from piecing together in my imagination the fragments of phone calls, text messages, email, and our history.

In many ways she is continuing what she was doing before Peace Corps. She is beginning another project of reading to immigrant children, restarting classes at Metropolitan State University to complete her degree, and resume her role as friend and confidant for our children and her many friends and relatives. She repeatedly says she misses me, but has never suggested I leave the Peace Corps. She remains kind, unselfish, a long way from here, and my companion.

1 comment:

Barb Carusillo said...

Don't know which face looks more sunny!