Friday, March 25, 2011

The Working Unemployed

March 24, 2011

This past week has been hellish.

There is the pressure of waiting to see if our offer on a townhouse will be met. The sellers have already given us a couple of "final offers", but we stand pat. There is a certain power in the word "cash".

I am officially not a Peace Corps Volunteer until departure on April 10th, but I find myself up to the yazoo in coconuts trying to understand what may be in store. There is a constant barrage of emails trying to define goals, objectives, etc. for this year and determine what exactly did happen last year. Email is fast and cheap, but nothing beats eyeball-to-eyeball for anyone wanting to get something done. I feel most of my Samoan contacts are on board. I just don't know if we are all on the same ship.

I purchased 5,000 (50lbs) of Bubble Gum colored vinyl wristbands to affix on Samoan wrists to identify the participants in my health project. Can't wait to see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking foreword to your posts from Samoa missing Matts terribly ,was in Samoa last week and the roads are in very bad condition from the recent floods and is very dusty every where with lots of pot holes ,there seems to be a lot more cars on the road , so stay safe traveling around ,cheers.