Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Monkey

01/18/09

Whoever has the monkey has the problems, so the old management adage goes. For the past week the monkey has been on my shoulder trying to figure the best way to handle the repeated breaking and entering through the locked door of my house by the mayor’s, my host’s, 19-year-old son. After informing the mayor I am reporting these incidents to the Peace Corps for further action he has decided to take the matter before the village council. The mayor is the chief law official in the village whereas the council is like the judge and jury. He and the Peace Corps can now share the monkey. We shall see what actually happens. Until then there is a bounce once again in my step. Maybe that wasn’t a monkey after all, but a gorilla.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a alarm system.