Saturday, February 3, 2007

I Am Disappearing

I have this feeling of slowly dissolving from my current life. I look about my house of twenty years that is in the process of going on the market and now find crystal glasses on shelves which once held books, beds with fancy bed spreads which once were piled with clothing, and rooms devoid of life. Our home is becoming a building aimed to appeal to some one's fantasy, of the excitement awaiting them once they sign the purchase agreement.

I feel like Alice who is about to walk through the looking glass and enter a world never before imagined. But this is not the world of Samoa, but Edina, Minnesota. Who could imagine that in the trash bags are the pictures, memorabilia, and stuff of my life? Who could ever imagine their once cherished items are in the garage?

It is scary to take that step into the unknown, but it is exciting too. This process of disappearing happens to everyone. However, when it happens to you, you hope you are remembered for your Cheshire Cat grin.

No comments: