Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Somebody’s Fool

04/01/09

If Mary, my wife, has a day, it is the 1st of April. Every year she gets me. I must be the best fool in the world; so gullible I swallow even her cheapest tricks.

It starts before marriage with an urgent message from a Mr. Doug Graves handed to me by my secretary. I dial the number and ask for Doug Graves. The receptionist informs I have just called a cemetery. Ha has can be heard over the phone and from my secretary in the outer office. It gets worse with passing years from plastic sandwiches to bugs, etc. etc. The pranks are endless; her creativity, infinite.

This year she texts me that a Peace Corps Volunteer is not returning to Samoa after a visit to Minnesota. I relay the text to other volunteers only to discover the volunteer landed that morning.

2 comments:

Barb Carusillo said...

Mary is pretty darn clever!

Anonymous said...

uh-huh, there is something about Mary...